Bangladesh Reconditioned Vehicles Importers and Dealers Association (BARVIDA) is a National Trade Organization of Country's reconditioned vehicles importers. BARVIDA is licensed (TO 28) by the Ministry of Commerce and registered with Joint. Stock Companies and Firms (TO 333(21)/94). BARVIDA is also a Member of the Federation of Bangladesh Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FBCCI).
BARVIDA member organizations have several thousands crore taka of investment in this sector. BARVIDA is also providing employment of more than 1 lac people in the showrooms, workshops and backward linkage industries. BARVIDA is contributing greatly to the national economy by providing few thousands crore taka to the national exchequer every year. The BARVIDA members are also contributing individually by paying their income tax, VAT, Road Tax etc.
Since its inception in 1994 BARVIDA continues to play an important role in safeguarding the interest of the businesses of this sector. Currently BARVIDA has 900 members including the importers and the traders.
|BARVIDA has been contributing lion's share in the country's transport sector by supplying vehicles over the last more than 3 decades.|
|Currently, around 900 enterprises under the BARVIDA membership are in operations across the country.|
|More than 1 lakh people are employed in this sector directly or indirectly.|
|Few thousands crore taka are invested in this sector|
|The enlisted BARVIDA member companies pay few thousands crore taka as revenue to the Government in a year.|
BARVIDA has set a number of objectives to fulfil the needs of the business people of this sector, and to safeguard their interest:
1. To maintain cordial relationship and fraternity among the importers and dealers of reconditioned vehicles.
2. To assist the members solving any problem raised in this sector.
3. To encourage the members for fulfilling their commitment to make satisfied the customers and the users.
4. To take necessary steps for the overall development, progress and the safety of reconditioned vehicles sector.
5. To ensure a stable market to make available the vehicles to the customers this matches with the socio-economic condition of the country.
6. To ensure legal supports against any illegal activity that goes against the interest of this sector.
7. To inspire the members involved in this sector for developing their values, thoughts etc.
8. To work jointly with any organizations with same ideal, objectives and views. BARVIDA also represents FBCCI accordingly.
9. To publish Newsletter, Periodicals etc. to disseminate the ideal, views, objectives and the programs of BARVIDA to the members and the customers, as well.
10. To send business delegation for knowledge sharing and exchange of opinion with the producer and supplier countries.
11. To organize seminars, workshops etc focusing on the problems of importing vehicles, transport sector and the communication sector of the country.
12. To accept any donation, annual fees, wakf property etc for the development of the BARVIDA fund.